All labor is guaranteed for 3 months beginning on the final invoice issue date (and not the date the invoice is paid). This 3 month warranty will be honored through a complimentary 90 days of our “Normal Usage” service plan, a $150 value. Once the 3 month warranty is complete, the client has the option to continue the “Normal Usage” service plan at $49.99/month or pay for service calls individually whenever they arise ($179.99 per occurrence). However, this labor warranty is immediately voided if anyone other than a Technospeak Technician adjusts, tampers or otherwise touches the installed system in any way. Additional labor requested on existing projects beyond 3 months or projects for which a warranty has been voided will be invoiced separately.
All products purchased from Technospeak will have whatever full warranty policy is offered by the Manufacturer. Technospeak does not offer a separate product warranty from the Manufacturer (except for Control4 products), nor do they accept product returns under any circumstances (except for Control4 products and only if Control4 deems them defective). Make sure to complete your registration card or register online once your products are installed so any warranty on those products will be honored. Also make sure to periodically update the firmware on your devices to make sure they perform their best.
- The initial Site Survey appointment will be a maximum of one hour and will be a flat rate of $100, regardless of the actual duration of the appointment. The $100 service fee must be paid prior or at the conclusion of the site survey and will not be waived or refunded. Technospeak representatives will not go into any sub-floor or attic areas if dangerous conditions exist.
- Unless otherwise stated, all services offered have a minimum 2hr charge and will be billed on the half hour through the end of any project. This includes waiting for other subcontractors to complete their work so we can complete ours including: DirecTV Techs, ADT and other security Techs, Cabinet Contractors, Painters, Electricians, etc.
- For pre-wire design services, customers will only get a copy of their pre-wire design once the total design fee has been paid. Pre-wire design services have a 6hr minimum charge at $150/hr.
- Technospeak does not quote flat rate pricing on labor or materials, nor does it negotiate better deals on the stated Project Scope. However, Technospeak is happy to reduce the Project Scope or reduce the equipment in the Project Scope to help reduce cost.
- The Financial Estimate given to the customer is based specifically and solely on the project scope. Any additional work requested outside the project scope will be estimated separately and is in addition to the Estimate in question.
- No project will be started until the Financial Estimate has been signed and returned to Technospeak, AND the appropriate deposit has been paid and deposited at our bank.
- We will not perform any work that is against Electrical or Building Safety codes, even if the customer requests it.
- Customers who are renting their home will have all wires surface run for any A/V project; we will not install wiring in-walls if a customer is renting their home.
- If a customer purchases a TV on their own and the TV fails after it has been mounted by Technospeak, the customer must then additionally pay Technospeak to remove the TV from the wall and re-install it once the TV is repaired or replaced by whichever retailer the customer bought the TV from. If the customer buys the TV from Technospeak, there will be no charge within the 3 month labor warranty period to remove and re-install the TV.
- When Technospeak mounts a TV with a mount provided by the customer, Technospeak is in no way responsible for any damage that may occur to the wall the TV is mounted on, the TV itself or any person or persons hurt by the TV.
- Technospeak is not responsible for equipment damage or people getting hurt from equipment due to any form of natural disaster.
- Training customers on a newly installed system will be limited to a maximum of 2hrs and/or 2 people– whichever comes first; any training beyond these maximums will be invoiced separately at $120/hr.
- The complimentary follow-up appointment for any project involving a single-zone Universal Remote will be limited to 1 hour. For Home Automation systems involving 2 or more zones this meeting will be limited to 3 hours. Any additional follow-up requested beyond this point will be invoiced separately at a cost of $179.99 per trip for the first 60 minutes and $120/hr after that.
- If customer purchases equipment on their own after a Proposal has been issued by The Technospeak Group in any form, a 3-hour “Recommended Solutions” charge will automatically be added to the final invoice.
- Technospeak Group employees and representatives will not go into any sub-floor or attic areas if dangerous conditions exist.
- All taxable merchandise purchased from The Technospeak Group will have the most current California State Sales Tax added to the product invoice total (unless the city the project is in requires a higher tax rate to be collected).
- All invoices must be paid at the conclusion of your appointment/installation– we do not invoice for later payment or accept any Accounts Receivables terms. Payments can be made by Cash, Check or accepted Credit Card.
- Late fees of 3.5% of the invoiced amount begin at 30 days starting from the date of final invoice and continue to 3 months.
- At the beginning of the 4th month if payment is still not received, your invoice will be sent to a Collection Agency for collection of the amount due.
- If the Collection Agency is still unable to collect the invoice for the work performed at 6 months after the invoice has been issued, the appropriate legal action will be taken for the sum of money still owed, finance charges and legal fees.
- When the installation of any broadcast signal antenna is part of a project (i.e., AM, FM, XM, VHF/UHF, Sirius, etc.), the project invoice will be paid regardless of whether the signal improves or decreases on a day to day basis once the installation is finished. Additionally, the invoice will be paid regardless of the inability to receive certain desired channels or stations. The strength of Broadcast signals are partially based on the local weather and topography in your area in relation to where the signals are broadcast from; this means sometimes it is just not possible to receive desired signals or stations in some cases and that cannot always be determined before the installation begins.
- When installing wiring of any kind and connecting to an existing TV signal (i.e., Cable, Satellite, Fiber Optic, etc.), Technospeak will not be responsible for loss of picture due to weak signal strength. Customers must contact their content provider for these type of alignment/calibration issues as they are not wiring related. Additionally, customers must pay their invoice for the wiring work completed regardless of when the TV signal is restored.
- The owner may order changes, additions, or modifications without invalidating the original contract. Such changes must be in writing and signed by the owner. The Technospeak Group shall provide the owner in writing the amount of additional costs or cost reductions resulting from changes ordered within 15 working days unless this requirement is waived in writing by the owner. Change Orders shall be paid 100% in full upon acceptance of change and prior to any work being done and shall not alter the contract’s original payment schedule. In case of product unavailability or discontinuation, The Technospeak Group reserves the right to substitute equipment of equal or better cost with client’s approval. Technospeak Group will be held blameless in case of product unavailability or discontinuation.
You may cancel this transaction, without any penalty or obligation, within 3 business days from the date on your Engagement Letter. If you cancel, any property traded in, any payments made by you under the contract or sale, any any negotiable instrument executed by you will be returned within 10 days following receipt by the seller of your cancellation notice, and any security interest arising out of the transaction will be canceled. If you cancel, you must make available to the seller at your residence, in substantially as good condition as when received, any goods delivered to you under this contract or sale, or you may, if you wish, comply with the instructions of the seller regarding the return shipment of the goods at the seller’s expense and risk. If you do make the goods available to the seller and the seller does not pick them up within 20 days of the date of your notice of cancellation, you may retain or dispose of the goods without any further obligation. If you fail to make the goods available to the seller, of if you agree to return the goods to the seller and fail to do so, then you remain liable for performance of all obligations under the contract. To cancel this transaction, mail or deliver a signed and dated copy of this cancellation notice, or any other written notice, or send a telegram to Technospeak at 9133 S La Cienega Blvd, Ste 220 Inglewood, CA 90301 not later than midnight of 3 business days after the date on your Financial Estimate.
Lease agreements on equipment owned by The Technospeak Group will only be created for real-estate development companies. No lease agreements will be created between The Technospeak Group and an Individual home owner. As part of the lease, the Real-Estate development company will pay a deposit of the full retail value of the equipment to be leased. The Real-estate development company will then be charged a monthly lease payment of 5% of the total value of all equipment leased, which will be deducted from the deposit. Once the Real-estate development company no longer wishes to lease the equipment, the deposit will be returned less the total of the monthly lease payment fees. As an example, if $2000 of equipment is leased for 3 months. That would mean the returned deposit is $1,700 ($2,000 ? ($100 * 3)) = $1,700 where the $100 is 5% of $2,000). If the equipment is damaged, lost or stolen onsite after it is installed, the deposit will not be returned. If the equipment is placed in a home for sale by the developer and is sold with the house, no deposit will be returned. Our leased equipment is tracked by serial number, so to get the deposit back, the equipment serial numbers getting returned must match the serial numbers of the equipment installed.
Notice to Property Owner
EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE PAID YOUR CONTRACTOR IN FULL, if the person or firm that has given you this notice is not paid in full for labor, service, equipment, or material provided or to be provided to your construction project, a lien may be placed on your property. Foreclosure of the lien may lead to loss of all or part of your property. You may wish to protect yourself against this by: a) requiring your contractor to provide a signed release by the person or firm that has given you this notice before making payment to your contractor, or b) any other method that is appropriate under the circumstances. This notice is required by law to be served by the undersigned as a statement of your legal rights. This notice is not intended to reflect upon the financial condition of the contractor or the person employed by you on the construction project. If you record a notice of cessation or completion of your construction project, you must within 10 days after recording, send a copy of the notice of completion to your contractor and the person or firm that has given you this notice. The notice must be sent by registered or certified mail. Failure to send the notice will extend the deadline to record a claim of lien. You are not required to send the notice if you are a residential homeowner of a dwelling containing four or fewer units.
Disagreements to be Settled via Arbitration
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without giving effect to the principles of conflicts of law. The parties agree that any dispute, controversy or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Agreement or the breach, termination or validity thereof shall be settled by an arbitrator in accordance with the then current JAMS Streamlined Rules for Arbitration rules except as modified herein. Such arbitration shall be held in Los Angeles, California. The arbitrator shall be required to follow the law of the State of California. If it shall be determined by the arbitrator that any provisions or wording of this Agreement shall be invalid or unenforceable under the Act or other applicable law, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not invalidate the entire Agreement.
Alarm Company Operators Notice
Alarm company operators such as the Technospeak Corporation (ACO7572) are licensed and regulated by the Bureau of Investigative Services (B.S.I.S.) in California under the following provisions:
(1) California Business and Professions Code 7590-7599.75.
(2) California Code of Regulations (formerly California Administrative Code) Title 16, Division 7 13.
If a security system was installed in your home, you are responsible for getting an alarm company permit. This is true even if you do not plan to have your alarm system monitored. Alarm company permits can be filed by contacting the City Hall in your area.
Hold Harmless Agreement for Wired and/or Wireless Network Design, Installation or Service
If you have asked for the installation of a wired and/or wireless computer network by the Technospeak Corporation as part of your installation, this exposes you to certain risks. Please note that the use of any of the following wireless and/or wired network connected devices require insecure ports on your router to be opened to work properly:
- Smart TVs
- Surveillance NVRs, DVRs and Cameras
- Security Systems
- Lighting Systems
- Control Systems
- Streaming Audio and Video Players
- Whole House DVR Systems
- IP Based Video Intercom Systems
- iOS and other portable devices
By using any combination of the devices mentioned above, you are exposing your network to potential attacks by hackers, malware, viruses and other harmful risks. Additionally, if you require the use of mobile phone, tablet, PC or Mac control of some aspect of your home outside your home network, you are further exposing yourself to harm. In all scenarios, this means you may experience unwanted access of potentially sensitive files on your network.
TERMS OF DESIGN, INSTALLATION OR SERVICE
- HOLD HARMLESS
You agree that you have been fully informed of and fully understand the risks of installing a wired or wireless network in your home and have decided to accept these risks. Further, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Technospeak Corporation from any and all actual or alleged claims, demands, causes of action, liability, loss, damage and/or injury whether brought on by you, another individual or other entity, or imposed by a court of law or by administrative action of any federal, state or local government body or agency, arising out of or incident to any acts, omissions, negligence, or willful misconduct of Technospeak Corporation, its personnel, employees, agents, contractors, or volunteers in connection with or arising out of Technospeak Corporation’s performance of wired and/or wireless computer network services. This indemnification applies to and includes, without limitation, the payment of all penalties, fines, judgments, awards, decrees, attorney’s fees, and related costs or expenses, and any reimbursements to Technospeak Corporation for all legal expenses and costs incurred by it.
- AUTHORITY TO ENTER AGREEMENT
You agree that you have the legal power, right and authority to enter into this Agreement and agree that this Agreement for wired and wireless networks shall be binding between you and Technospeak. Further, you agree that you are entering into this agreement with Technospeak of your own free will and have not been forced in any way to enter into this Agreement.
You agree that Technospeak Corporation has advised you the best way to keep sensitive files from unauthorized access is to keep them entirely off of any type of wired or wireless network, whether that be removing all network connections to those files or simply having no wired and/or wireless network at all.